Château de la famille de Castellbo

AccueilAccueil  CalendrierCalendrier  FAQFAQ  RechercherRechercher  S'enregistrerS'enregistrer  MembresMembres  GroupesGroupes  ConnexionConnexion  

Partagez | 

Lyon Court Charter

Voir le sujet précédent Voir le sujet suivant Aller en bas 
AuteurMessage
Fitz Dunbar
Auld Alliance
Auld Alliance

Ville/Town : Port Lairge

MessageSujet: Lyon Court Charter   12th Avril 2011, 07:06

Citation :
The Lyon Court Charter

PREAMBLE

By the grace and divine right of his Majesty, King James II of Scotland, the Lyon Court is hereby formed. All members of the Lyon Court will adhere to these proclamations or face discipline as appropriate to their actions.

All Articles and clauses within this document and any that may be added in the future may by vote of the Lyon Court be repealed.

Article 1: Purpose and Responsibilities

A. Guiding Statement
A Herald must always keep in mind this fundamental rule: He/She must act only within the interest of the Renaissance Kingdoms game, the interest of the game being firmly defined by the interest of all the players and not only of the majority of them. Discussions and votes must be founded on what is right and proper for Renaissance Kingdoms and Scotland and not be based on personal desires of gain either for ones self or for friends and comrades.

B. Purpose

I. The Lyon Court here after referred to as the Court will oversee, provide and maintain but is not limited to, the following:

- Recognized Clan's, Sept's and Families.
- Coats of Arms, Seals, Flags, Crests, Tartans
- Noble title awards
- Clan Lands
- Buildings and Structures
- Land Claims
- Genealogy

II. The Court will maintain ownership of all things produced by the Court.

C. Responsibilities

I. The Court is required to create and maintain rules and guidelines for those areas that they are charged with overseeing.
II. Guidelines should generally be developed through discussion.

a. Three members or one Lyon Executive can call for a formal discussion and vote on any section of the Rules or Charter.

III. Rules must be voted on and approved by the Court.
IV. Charter and Rule changes must be submitted to the King.
V. The King has the sole right to veto anything voted on or done by the Lyon Court.

Article 2: Criteria for membership of the Lyon Court.

A. Eligibility
Anyone may apply to be a member of the Lyon Court, providing they:

I. Are in good standing with the Crown and the Government of Scotland having committed no serious offenses nor involved in any conspiracies to commit such.
II. Are from Scotland and have their permanent residence in Scotland.
III. From time to time the Lyon Executive may approve membership people outside Scotland as the Court's needs dictate.

B. Application
Must contain the following information:

I. Name
II. Location
III. Level
IV. Level of Graphics Design Skill
V. Why you are interested in joining the Lyon Court
VI. How knowledgeable are you in heraldry
VII. All applications must be Sponsored by a member of the Court.

C. Discussion and Voting
The Application will be presented to the Court:

I. Discussion will take place for a minimum of two (2) days. If the Court is divided the discussion will take longer.
II. If during discussion it is found that the applicant:

a. Has been convicted of treason, witchery or murder or of conspiracy to commit such, against the Crown or Scotland they will not be accepted into the Lyon Court, with no right of re-petition.
b. Or does not have their permanent residence in Scotland their application will be declined, though they will have the right to re-petition.

III. At the end of the discussion the Sponsor will post a poll for the applicant.
IV. The poll will be conducted as per Voting Article 6 E

D. Upon Acceptance

I. The applicant will join for a probationary period as a guest and will be given admittance to the appropriate areas of the Lyon Court.

a. If the applicants interest lies in graphics they will be added to the Lyon Heralds Hall for a minimum of one (1) month to undergo a test and participate in the confection of arms.
b. If the applicants interest lies in research and administration they will be added to the Lord Lyon Office for a minimum of one (1) month to undergo a research test and other duties assigned to them.

II. At the end of the one (1) month period a discussion and informal poll will be held to determine whether probation should continue for another month, maximum of three (3) months, or whether a final vote will be held.
III. The final vote will be run as per section 2 C
IV. If after the final vote the applicant is accepted they will join as a Pursuivant and will be admitted to the appropriate areas of the Lyon Court
V. The new member will be required to read the Laws (Charter, Rules etc) of the Lyon Court and sign that they agree to abide by them.
VI. The new member will be required to take the oath of allegiance to the Scottish Crown and the Lyon Court.

Quote:
Oath of Acceptance

I , "insert name", hereby declare myself a member of the Lyon Court of Arms. I will dedicate myself to the service of the people of Scotland through the Court. I promise to respect and maintain the confidentiality of information that is posted in the Lyon Court. I will honor the Lyon Charter and the Laws of Scotland, including the rules of the Court. I swear on my honor and integrity that I will uphold this oath or be outcast from this respected Institution of Scotland.

VII. Failure to sign the Lyon Court Laws and take the Oath of Office within three (3) days of being sent a missive (PM) by the Lord Lyon welcoming the applicant as a member of the Court will result in their immediate expulsion.

E. Upon Denial

I. The Lord Lyon will advise the disqualified applicant of the prejudice
II. The applicant may re-petition the Court one (1) month after being rejected.

Article 3: Rules and Standards for Good Discipline

A. Confidentiality

I. All information given and discussed within the non public areas of the Lyon Court is private and confidential.
II. The only person(s) that can give out information is the The Lord Lyon, or whom ever is authorized by the Lord Lyon or the Lyon Executive to do so.
III. Any member that is found to have violated this article will be charged with Treason against the Lyon Court and may face expulsion from the Lyon Court.

B. Standard of behavior

I. The Lyon Court expects its members to obey all RK forum rules
II. The Lyon Court expects its members to behave in a mature and dignified manner showing respect and tolerance for other persons ideas and opinions
III. Comments that may be prejudicial to the Court will not be uttered by anyone wearing the Regalia of the Lyon Court
IV. Coercing members for personal, political, financial or religious gain are grounds for immediate expulsion from the Lyon Court.
V. Arms displayed by members of the Court must only be those that are approved by the Lyon Court.

C. Discipline

I. Punishment will be considered on a case by case basis by the Lyon Executive and Members found in breech of the Lyon Court rules may be:

a. given a warning
b. demoted in rank
c. stripped of their titles and Court Regalia
d. exiled from the Lyon Court.

D. Expulsion

i. Voted on as per section 6 D

E. Activity

I. All members are expected to be active in The Court.
II. A member must contribute meaningfully once a week to remain active
III. A member may not miss more then two (2) consecutive votes to remain active
IV. Any member leaving the Court for an extended period of time must report so to the Procurator Fiscal Office
V. Any Member on the Inactive list may not hold offices.
VI. Any member inactive for more then thirty (30) days will be removed from the Court unless authorized by the Executive.
VII. Members removed for inactivity may reapply to the Court and may be granted the same rank that they left with. The Lyon Executive has the final say in this matter.

Article 4: Ranks of the Lyon Court

A. Lord/Lady Lyon, King of Arms

I. Is an officer and the chief representative of the Lyon Court and represents the Lyon Court in all matters heraldic and ceremonial.
II. In consultation with all officers determines the ability for Kinship Groups to be recognized by the Lyon Court.
III. Assigns duties.
IV. Maintains the offices.
V. Takes charge of the production of armorials.

B. Heralds of Arms

I. Are Officers of the Lyon Court:

a. Participate in discussions
b. Participate in voting
II. Primary responsibilities are:

a. Liaising with the Kinship Group(s) assigned to them
b. The Confection of Armorials
c. Research
III. Are assigned a herald title:

Albany Herald of Arms
Islay Herald of Arms
Marchmont Herald of Arms
Orkney Herald of Arms
Ross Herald of Arms
Rothesay Herald of Arms (retired)
Snawdoun Herald of Arms

C. Pursuivants of Arms

I. Are Officers of the Lyon Court:

a. Participate in discussions
b. Participate in Voting
II. Are in training and will be involved in learning the functions of the Lyon Court and assisting the Heralds of Arms in:

a. Liaising with the Kinship Group(s) assigned to them
b. The Confection of Armorials
c. Research
III. Are assigned a pursuivant title:

Bute Pursuivant of Arms
Carrick Pursuivant of Arms
Dingwall Pursuivant of Arms
Falkland Pursuivant of Arms
Kintyre Pursuivant of Arms
Linlithgow Pursuivant of Arms
March Pursuivant of Arms
Ormond Pursuivant of Arms
Unicorn Pursuivant of Arms

D. Guests

I. Are not Officers of the Lyon Court.
II. May participate in discussions.
III. May not participate in voting.
VI. Will have specific duties for which they were invited into the Lyon Court. Once those duties are completed their access will be removed.

E. Removal of Lyon Court Officers and Guests

I. Any offivcr can be removed with a 75% vote of no confidence as per Article 6G.
II. Any officer in breach of the rules on more than one occasion shall be put up for removal by the Lord Lyon as per Article 5D.
III. Guests can be removed at any time.

Article 5: Voting within the Lyon Court

A. Rule and Charter Amendments

I. The discussion will last a minimum of four (4) days
II. The poll will last three (3) days
III. The choices of the poll are Yes or No, there is no abstention
IV. All Lyon Court Officers must vote
V. A quorum of 75% is required to pass

B. Membership and Promotions

I. The discussion will last a minimum of three (4) days
II. The poll will last a minimum of three (3) days

D. Disciplinary Action and No Confidence Votes

I. The discussion will last a minimum of three (4) days
II. The poll will last a minimum of three (3) days

E. Election of the Lord/Lady Lyon

I. The discussion and nominations will last a minimum of four (4) days
II. The poll will last three (3) days
III. All Lyon Court Officers must vote
IV. The winner will be the nominee with the most votes
V. In the event that there is no winner, a three (3) day poll will be run between the highest-polled nominees

Article 6: Amendments

A. Rules and Charter
Amendments to the rules and charter excluding Title Requirements and Deeds will be conducted in the following manner

I. Three members of the Lyon Court or one Lyon Executive can call for a formal discussion on any section of the Rules or Charter.
II. The discussion will last from four (4) to seven (7) days
III. All members of the Lyon Court are expected to participate in the discussion unless on absent on leave.
IV. At the end of discussion a Poll will be held as per Article 6 B

B. Title Requirements and Deeds
This section being pivotal to the Titles and Peerage Section of the rules will be reviewed as required but no less than every two months.

Immediate Reviews

I. Any members of the Lyon Court may with the support of a Lyon Executive or one Lyon Executive can call for a formal discussion on the point to be reviewed.
II. The discussion will last four (4) days
III. All members of the Lyon Court are expected to participate in the discussion unless on absent on leave.
IV. It MUST be remembered that amendments to Title and Deed requirements should never be such that a single deed enables a person to become eligible for title nomination.
V. Changes will not apply to any current applications under review
VI. At the end of discussion proposed changes will be voted on as per Article 6 G

Two Monthly Review

I. Every two months Title Requirements and Deeds will automatically be presented for discussion.
II. Discussion will continue for four (4) to seven (7) days
IV. It MUST be remembered that amendments to Title and Deed requirements should never be such that a single deed enables a person to become eligible for title nomination.
V. At the end of discussion proposed changes will be voted on as per Article 6 G

Article 7: Application of Charter and Rules

A. Application Commences

I. The Lyon Court Charter and Rules will apply from the time they are formally ratified by the Lyon Court and Approved by the King
II. Amendments to the Lyon Court Charter and Rules will apply from the time they are formally ratified by the Lyon Court.

B. Changes Commence

I. Immediately the voting is closed and the change is passed, unless a specified start date was included in subject being voted on.
II. All changes to the Charter and Rules will not be applied retrospectively, or to reviews already in progress unless decreed by His Royal Majesty King James II of Scotland (Admin).

Citation :
The Lyon Court Rules

Preamble

The Lyon Court of Arms is the guardian of all matters pertaining to the delivery of noble titles, lands and Coats of Arms.
The Lyon Court of Arms is responsible to the Throne of Scotland and is lead by the Lord/Lady Lyon King of Arms and the Lyon Executive.
The Lyon Court of Arms is apart and exempt from the National political institutions in Scotland and free from their interference as decreed by the King.
Final decisions and rulings by the Lyon Court can be overruled by the judgment of the Administrative King, James II.
All work published by the Lyon Court of Arms is owned by the Lyon Court.

* Forum Rule 7.a

The Lyon Court works under the assumption that permission is automatically granted to members of the Lyon Court to publish in their entirety Private Message's (PM) that are received within the private rooms of the Lyon Court. To include all messages needed for the purposes of processing nominations, documenting and defending appeals, confection of arms and other relevant discussions.

1. Structure of the Lyon Court

Detailed workings of the Lyon Court and its members is contained in the Lyon Court charter.

A. The Lyon Court of Arms

I. Definition of The Lyon Court of Arms

The Lyon Court of Arms is the national heraldry institution with jurisdiction over all heraldic business in Scotland.

II. Tasks of The Lyon Court of Arms

Oversee, provide and maintain but is not limited to, the following:

- Recognition of Clan's, Sept's and Families.
- Coats of Arms, Seals, Flags, Crests, Tartans
- Noble Title Awards
- Knighthood Awards
- Clan Lands
- Buildings and Structures
- Land Claims
- Genealogy

III. Members of The Lyon Executive

- The Lord/Lady Lyon Is the chief representative of the Lyon Court.
- The Lyon Clerk is the Keeper of Records of The Lyon Court of Arms.
- The Procurator Fiscal is the Armorial Defender of The Lyon Court of Arms.

IV. The structure and operational procedures of The Lyon Court of Arms are regulated by the Charter and Rules of The Lyon Court of Arms and is solely responsible to the Crown.

2. Lyon Court Recognition of In Game Titles

I. The in game Count/Countess will be recognized by the Lyon Court as being a Burgh Commissioner.
II. Burgh Commissioners will be entitled to:

a. Bear the regalia of their office during their term.
b. Use the Seals of office.
c.The Lyon Court will refer to Counties as being Royal Burghs and Towns as Burghs.

3. Titles and Peerage

A. Ranks

I. The ranks of the peerage are Earl and Baron/Baroness.
II. There shall be two Earls in the Kingdom of Scotland, one of each County.
III. There shall be seven Barons/Baronesses in the Kingdom of Scotland, one of each Town.
IV. A person may hold only one (1) peerage at a time.
V. A citizen who builds a mansion in their County’s Capital is termed a Castellan. These are not peers.

B) Earldom Nominations

I. When an Earl loses their peerage the Lyon Court begins the nomination of a new Earl in the appropriate thread.
II. The citizens of the County are given three (3) days to nominate residents of their County.
III. A citizen may only nominate one person.
IV. A person must be nominated by three different citizens and accept their nomination to be included.
V. The nominees of the County are given three (3) days to describe why they deserve to be ennobled and what they will do as Earl of their County.
VI. The citizens of the County are given three (3) days to vote for which nominee will be ennobled as Earl of their County.

C) Barony Nominations

I. When a Baron/Baroness loses their peerage the Lyon Court begins the nomination of a new Baron/Baroness in the appropriate thread.
II. The citizens of the Town are given three (3) days to nominate residents of their Town, these nominees must accept their nomination to be included.
III. A citizen may only nominate one person.
IV. A person must be nominated by three different citizens and accept their nomination to be included.
V. The nominees of the Town are given three (3) days to describe why they deserve to be ennobled and what they will do as Baron/Baroness of their Town.
VI. The Earl of the County than selects which nominee is to be ennobled as Baron of the Town.

D. Oath

I. Upon being nominated for their peerage, a recipient has one week to take the Oath of Fealty.
II. An Earl must take the Oath of Fealty to each successive Monarch of Scotland.
III. A Baron/Baroness must take the Oath of Fealty to each successive Earl of their County.
III. The Oath of Fealty is: "I, [name], shall be loyal, obedient and true to my Liege Lord, the King of Scots / the Earl of [county]. I shall not hear their suffering, nor see it, but I shall let at it with all my power, and warn them thereof. These things I do solemnly and sincerely declare and affirm."

E. Removal

I. Peerages will be revoked if the recipient does not take or violates the Oath of Fealty.
II. Peerages will be revoked if the recipient is no longer a resident of the place for which it was awarded.
III. Peerages will be revoked if the recipient is permanently banned from the forums or game.
IV. Peerages will be revoked if the recipient dies (their account ceases to exist or they roleplay as a new character).
V. The Lyon Court is the only entity which can revoke a peerage.

4. Family/Sept/Clan

4a. Families

A. Family/Kinship Requirements for Recognition

I. Kinship is defined as "a family (domestic) unit, either by blood, common ancestry, marriage or adoption"

a.. Family is made of up at least four (4) members.
b. Must supply genealogy (or how each is connected though kinship and how they share the same surname or house loyalty).
c. A family is no longer recognized when there are no (0) living members to bear the name.

II. Entitlements

a. The Lyon Court will register the family name, record the genealogy and the developmental role play.
b. The Lyon Court will assign a herald to assist with the creation of the armorial bearings.
c. The Lyon Court will record the blazon for the armorial bearings.

III. Application must include the following:

a. Names of the 4 applicants including a link to their profile, Town and Level.
b. Supply their genealogy (family tree) or documentation of their blood relationship.
c. Supply a link for proof of their family development RP.
d. Supply examples of armorial bearings, IE: CoA's, Crests and motto's ect.

4b. Septs

A. Sept Recognition Requirements

I. A Sept must be made up of a minimum of six (6) people.

a. All six (6) members must be active players residing in the Kingdom of Scotland and are not members of any other Clan.
b. All members must be Level 1 with a minimum of 25 RP points, with 2 members having over 50 RP points.
c. Will only be recognized by the Lyon Court if they are part of a Clan recognized by the Lyon Court
d. Septs formed outside a Clan will not be recognized.
e. Septs found to have been evicted from their clan and no longer under the umbrella of a recognized clan will lose their recognized status if they haven't found a new sponsor within fourteen (14) days.

B. Application for Sept Recognition.

I. Application for recognition as a Sept should include the following information on all proposed members:

a. Names of the six (6) applicants including a link to their profile, Town, level and Rep points.
b. Name of Sponsoring Clan
c. Supply their genealogy (family tree) or documentation of their blood relationship.
d. Supply a link for proof of their family development RP.
e. Supply examples of armorial bearings, IE: CoA's, Crests and motto's ect.

C. Being a recognized Sept entitles the Sept to.

I. Request the Lyon Court to recognition 'ownership' of their intended Clan Name
II. Request the Lyon Court to register their intended Clan Arms, Crest etc
III. Permit the Sept to use their crest only to identify themselves as being different from other members in their Clan.
IV. Submit a Petition to the Lyon Court to lay Claim to Land that is traditionally the seat of their clan.

D. Eviction

I. If a Sept is evicted from or leaves their Sponsoring Clan it has fourteen (14) days to do one of the following actions, otherwise they will loose the status of being a Recognized Sept.

a. Return to their original sponsoring clan.
b. Find a new sponsoring clan.
c. Seek an appeal through the Lyon Executive against their Sponsoring Clan for wrongful eviction.

II. The Sept must advise the Lyon Court as soon as they are either:

a. Back in their Sponsoring Clan.
b. Have found a new Sponsoring Clan.
c. Have made Application to the Lyon Executive.

III. The Lyon Court upon receipt of the appeal notification from the Sept will continue to recognize it as a Sept until the conclusion of the appeal and the verdict is released.
IV. The Clan may not sponsor a new Sept until the Appeal is concluded or forty-five (45) days from the date the Sept was first recognized has passed.
V. If the Lyon Court Executive upholds the Sept's appeal it is the Sept's choice as to whether they formally reunite with their original Sponsoring Clan. If the Sept does not return to the Sponsoring Clan and providing they maintain the minimum requirement for Sept's status for the full forty-five (45) days:

a. The Lyon Court will continue to recognize their recognized Sept Status.
b. The Sponsoring Clan will not be able to sponsor another Sept until forty-five (45) days has passed since the Sept has become a Clan.

VI. If the Lyon Court Executive does not uphold the Sept's Appeal, the Sept has fourteen (14) days in which to do one of the following before Recognized Sept Status is revoked.

a. Return to the original sponsoring clan
b. Find a new sponsoring clan
c.The Original Sponsoring Clan may not sponsor a new Sept until forty-five (45) days from the date the Sept was first recognized has passed.

VII. When Recognized Sept status is revoked the group(s) that made up the Sept will either:

a. Return to their Family status
b. Or if they were not a family before forming will now become a Family
c. The Leader of the family will be able to continue to use the Badge.
d.The Lyon Court will continue to register and store all other items associated with the name. Those other items being

- Clan name
- Coat of Arms
- Seals
- Genealogy
- Badges/Crest
- Tartans
- Banners and Flags

VIII. The Family may at anytime in the future that they qualify apply to be recognized again as a Sept.

4c. Clans

A. General Requirements

I. No royal NPC may be included in a Clan and NPC in general should be limited as much as possible.
II. A player may not change their parents, but may RP finding them or marriages.
III. Characters may only belong to a maximum of two (2) Clans at the same time.

a. One clan by blood and one by marriage
b. Characters are required to make it clear which Clan is their main Clan.

IV. Clans must be registered with the Lyon Clerk who shall keep a record of all Clans and their members.

B. Clan Requirements for Recognition

I. If you form a Group of twelve (12) or more people for the purposes of forming a Clan and following criteria you may make application to become a recognized clan.
II. The Clan must be headed by someone who is at least Level 1 with a minimum of 25 RP points and is active on the forums.
III. A Clan must contain at least 12 active players resident in the Kingdom of Scotland who are not members of any other Clan.
IV. All twelve (12) people must

a. be level one or over
b. have three (3) members with over 50 Rep Points
c. have one (1) member with over 100 Rep Points

V. In the event that the Clan applicant bypassed the Sept procedure they will require a Recognized Clan to Sponsor you.
VI. Must maintain Clan requirements for forty-five (45) days
VII. Recognized Clan can sponsor only one group (Sept or Clan) at a time.
VIII. In the event of Eviction from Recognized Clan, procedures outlined for Sept Eviction will apply.

C. Application for Clan Recognition.

I. Application for recognition as a Clan should include the following information on all proposed members:

a. Names of the twelve (12) or more applicants including a link to their profile, Town, level and Rep points.
b. Name of Sponsoring Clan
c. Supply their genealogy (family tree) or documentation of their blood relationship.
d. Supply a link for proof of their family development RP.
e. Supply examples of armorial bearings, IE: CoA's, Crests and motto's ect.

D. Loss of Clan Status

I. Once a clan is recognized by the Lyon Court that recognition will be upheld until there are no further living (active) members to continue the Clan
II. A Clan that has no (0) living members will be considered extinct and the Clan name and regalia, with appropriate differencing may be used by a new Sept.

E. Sept Sponsoring

I. A Recognized/founding Clan must have a minimum of twelve (12) members to be able to sponsor a Sept.
II. A Recognized Clan may only sponsor one Sept at a time.
III. Once the Sept had advanced to Recognized Clan status and maintained its minimum requirement for forty-five (45) days the sponsoring Clan may then sponsor another Sept.
IV. After the forty-five (45) days minimum requirement is met the new Clan may also sponsor a Sept.

4d. Family/Sept/Clan Definitions

I. Living (active) - excludes people dead in game, inactive on the forums for more then 90, or in retreat for more then 90 days.

5. Armorial Bearings

A. Coats of Arms

I. An armiger must be at least Level 1.
II. An individual entitled to bear arms may petition the Lyon Court for a Grant of Arms.
III. Such a petition should include their full role play name, which Official Kinship Groups (clan/sept/family) they belong t0 and what their entitlement to arms is.
IV. Those entitled to arms are Royal Institutions, Counties, Towns, Clan Chiefs, Sept Chieftains, Peers, Knights, Heralds and Esquires.
V. Chiefs and Chieftains are entitled to supporters, Peers are entitled to coronets, Knights are entitled to collars, and Heralds are entitled to rods of office.
VI. Arms may only be worn by Scottish residents who have been granted them by the Lyon Court.
VII. All personal arms shall be variations of a persons Clan or Sept Chief/Chieftains arms, or of their family arms, or if they are unclanned of the generic arms.

B. Flags

I. An armiger is entitled to a Personal Banner.
II. Personal Banners may only be flown by those granted them by the Lyon Court.
III. A clan member may fly their clans Gonfannon.

C. Seals

I. Clans, Towns, Counties and Royal Institutions are entitled to Seals.
II. Seals may only be used by those granted them by the Lyon Court.
III. Red seals are for private letters, yellow seals are for administrative papers, green seals are for documents whose temporal weight is greater than the life of the person who signed it (such as treaties and wedding certificates).

D. Addiments

I. Clan Chiefs and Sept Chieftains are entitled to supporters.
II. Officers of Arms are entitled to the rods of office corresponding to their rank: Lyon Executives, Heralds of Arms or Pursuivants of Arms.
III. Peers are entitled to the coronet corresponding to their title: Earl or Baron/Baroness.
IV. Knights/Dames are entitled to the collar corresponding to their order: The Order of the Thistle, The Order of the Highlander, The Order of the Crown and Mace or The Royal Society of Scotland.

6. Knighthoods

A. Establishment of Orders

I. The Lyon Court has the Right to Establish, Alter, and Abolish Orders at any time it chooses.
II. Knightly Orders have been established for the specific purpose of bestowing honors on deserving individuals within Scotland.
III. A group of six (6) Knights Bachelor may petition for a recognized order from the Lyon Court.
IV. The Lord/Lady Lyon must officially knight a petitioned knight.

B. The Nomination Process

I. Each Order will only have one person up for nomination at a time.
II. Citizens of Scotland are nominated by their peers in the appropriate area of the Highlands Hall. Supporting reasons must be provided or a nomination will not be considered.
III. Based on the supporting reasons provided, the Lyon Court will collectively decide when a nominee will come up for formal petition.
IV. Once a citizen is brought up for formal petition, they are bound by the signature requirements outlined in their specific Order. A formal petition is considered closed when the nominee gets the required signatures, or when ten (10) days have elapsed with no new signatures on their petition.
V. Citizens are entitled to one (1) signature per quarter, per order. The quarters are as follows:
a. Quarter 1: January-March
b. Quarter 2: April-June
c. Quarter 3: July-September
d. Quarter 4: October-December
The Lyon Court will keep records of who has signed petitions and enforce this policy.
VI. Once a petition has received the required signatures, the Lyon Court will review and have final discussion before awarding the Knighthood.

C. Knighthood removal

I. Knighthood's will be removed immediately if the person receiving the Knighthood does not take the oath identified in 3 A (VI) within two weeks of it being published in the Public Area of the Lyon Court. (This includes significant deviations from the wording of the Oath without first consulting with the Lyon Court.)
II. All Knighthoods will be reviewed monthly and a record kept of the recipient’s activity.

a. Characters that are inactive over a three (3) months period will have their titles removed and returned to the title pool.
b. Inactivity will be considered as - no posting on the forums for a three (3) month period and no activity in Game for the same time.

III. A character that is permanently banned will no longer be eligible to the titles they hold. Fourteen (14) days after the ban is enacted the Knighthood will be removed and returned to the pool.
IV. Knighthoods may be removed by petition to the Lord/Lady Lyon King of Arms. Criteria for the removal of a Knighthood title includes but is not limited to:

* No longer resident of Scotland
* Supporting a foreign army in an act of aggression against Scotland
* Convictions of treason or treachery in at least two Scottish counties not overturned on appeal within a six month period

a. The Lord/Lady Lyon, King of Arms will present the petition to the Lyon Court where it will be discussed. The Lyon Executive will take all information and discussion including questioning the holder of the title into account before voting

D. Established Knightly Orders

I. The Most Ancient and Most Noble Order of the Thistle: This will be the Highest Honor in the Kingdom, given out for long and historic services rendered to the Crown. The recipient should have a long list of jobs and offices held, services did and this honor should be a lifetime achievement award. Nominations for this order must be supported by 50 signatures of active, living residents with links to their profiles. Limited to 16 Knights, it's motto is Nemo me impune lacessit (Latin for "No one provokes me with impunity"). Insignia and medal.
II. The Order of the Highlander: Given in recognition of long military service, or for heroic action in defense of Scotland, or for outstanding military contribution. Nominations for this order must be supported by 25 signatures of active, living residents with links to their profiles. Medal.
III. Order of the Crown and Mace: Given for long service of the Crown or Government, for outstanding work to the contribution to a town, county, or kingdom, for outstanding work of reform or improvement to government and its works. Nominations for this order must be supported by 25 signatures of active, living residents with links to their profiles. Medal.
IV. The Royal Society of Scotland: Given for long service in religious, cultural, artistic, and scientific roles and/or outstanding contribution to works in creation or amending; founding documents, philosophical, scientific, religious and cultural documents, and works of Art. Nominations for this order must be supported by 25 signatures of active, living residents with links to their profiles.Medal.

7. Royalty

A. The Monarch

I. The Monarch is known as the King Regnant or Queen Regnant.
II. The Monarch is entitled to the un differenced Royal Arms of Scotland.
III. The marital partner of the Monarch is known as the King Consort or Queen Consort.
IV. The marital partner of the Monarch is entitled to the Royal Arms of Scotland impaled or dimidated with their own arms.
V. The Lyon Court will maintain a list of former Monarchs, their Consort and their Heir Apparent.

B. The Heir Apparent

I. The Heir Apparent is known as the Duke/Duchess of Rothesay.
II. The Heir Apparent is entitled to the Duchy of Rothesay Arms.
III. The marital partner of the Heir Apparent is known as the Duke/Duchess of Rothesay.
IV. The marital partner of the Heir Apparent is entitled to the Duchy of Rothesay Arms impaled or dimidated with their own arms.
V. The Lyon Court will maintain a list of former Heirs Apparent, their consort and which Monarch they served.

C. The Royal House

I. The official Clan/Sept, if recognized by the Lyon Court, of the Monarch is known as the Royal House for the duration of the Monarch's reign.
II. If the Monarch belongs to two official Clans/Septs, one by marriage and one in their own right, then only one of those, of the Monarch's choice, will become the Royal House.
III. The Lyon Court will maintain a list of former Royal Houses.
Revenir en haut Aller en bas

Lyon Court Charter
Voir le sujet précédent Voir le sujet suivant Revenir en haut 
Page 1 sur 1